LO3 Energy is a fast-growing company with deep roots in energy, finance and technology. We’re excited about the future of energy production and consumption, and passionate about developing ways to give people and utilities opportunities to shape that future.
LO3 Energy is building a platform to enable decentralized business models and innovative technologies related to energy, cleantech and utility systems. The LO3 team has deep expertise in design, architecture, development, prototyping and testing of cutting-edge distributed energy, computing and peer-to-peer distributed consensus networks. The company builds tools and develops projects to support and accelerate the proliferation of the distributed energy, utilities and computation sharing economy of the future.
Location: Portland/New York
Position type: 6 month contract
LO3 Energy is building a platform to enable decentralized business models and innovative technologies related to energy, cleantech and utility systems. The LO3 team has deep expertise in design, architecture, development, prototyping and testing of cutting edge distributed energy, computing and peer-to-peer distributed consensus networks. The company builds tools and develops projects to support and accelerate proliferation of the distributed energy, utilities and computation sharing economy of the future.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who can realize our strategy for continuous integration, automated infrastructure, deployment, and monitoring. Work to migrate our existing infrastructure to that vision and support our project and product engineering teams in a wide range of varying deployments. Monitor our production systems for reliability and security issues, report and follow up on any issue detected.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Install, configure, maintain and automate Linux and serverless environments in different geographies via various configuration management and/or orchestration tools.
- Enhance the continuous integration and deployment systems to support regular software releases.
- Manage, monitor, and assist in troubleshooting production systems.
- Evaluate, select, and deploy of new technologies and tools.
- Work with project management and product engineering to determine the parameters and priorities for system deployments.
- Work with product engineering to optimize overall system performance.
- Perform system audits, document findings, and publish recommendations.
- Follow best security practices for system administration, management, and deployment.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BS in science engineering or other technical discipline; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years related experience of Linux system admin experience.
- Experience with CI/CD processes and methods.
- Experience in automating large scale Linux environments utilizing one or more of the following: Ruby, Perl, Bash, or Python.
- Experience with configuration management tools: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools: CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Expert-level understanding of virtualization and container (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes) technology.
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS strongly preferred).
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Experience with database infrastructure and access in a Distributed Cloud or containerized environments preferred
- Familiarity with git and the git rebase workflow.
- Ability to work well with a distributed team.
- Excellent written; presentation writing and verbal communication skills.
- History of working in startups or other fast-paced environment.
- Experience with serverless architectures.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience contributing meaningfully to one or more Open Source projects.
- Experience working with time-series datasets.
- Familiarity with Blockchain and Smart Contract concepts.
Submit your resume to email@example.com.