LO3 Energy is a groundbreaking innovative startup in the field of clean energy technology. Founded in 2015 and based in Portland, OR, we work with utilities and retailers to deliver local energy marketplace that meets the demands of modern energy customers. Our technology platform, Pando, offers a simple way to pool local distributed energy resources and enable customers to buy and sell local energy and optimize the grid at a community level.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Full Stack Developer
Location: Portland, Oregon
Position type: Full-time
LO3 Energy is building a platform to enable decentralized business models and innovative technologies related to energy, cleantech and utility systems. The LO3 team has deep expertise in design, architecture, development, prototyping and testing of cutting edge distributed energy, computing and peer-to-peer distributed consensus networks. The company builds tools and develops projects to support and accelerate proliferation of distributed energy, utilities and computation sharing economy of the future.
We are looking for a full stack developer that can create customer-facing single page web applications and mobile apps for iOS and Android. The full stack developer will be expected to implement front-end logic, interface with the back-end REST API, and implement the visual interface to specification.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, build and maintain back-end services with globally deployed cloud infrastructure.
- Develop RESTful APIs that interface with microservices, front-end applications, and hardware devices.
- Integrate large volumes of data from energy meter data systems and distributed ledgers.
- Support the LO3 platform by participating in QA/QC, and comfortable in an Agile/SCRUM development environment.
- Collaborate with designers to implement both mobile and web applications for our energy data and marketplace platform.
- Contribute to automating our platform’s development and deployment pipelines.
- Improve user experience and usability and contribute to visual design.
- Interact with clients to refine requirements and investigate support issues.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BS degree in an engineering or computer discipline preferred
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- Experienced in back-end programming (Python or NodeJs preferred).
- Hands on experience with building REST API services.
- Experience in developing modern single-page web applications using ReactJS or another similar framework.
- Experience in developing mobile applications for both Android and iOS using React Native.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience database design concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS such as MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices such as Agile software development, version control, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews and design documentation.
- History of working in startups or other fast-paced environment.